We greatly appreciate our volunteers!
Every year we are truly thankful for the amazing team of volunteers that help pull this event off. Most of them have come back to help a second or even a third time. We know that their special enthusiasm carries through and it shows how much they truly care for our community with the interactions that take place during the Seed Up. The awesome energy in the room and positive feedback we get from our attendees each year is one of the biggest rewards that we get. Then again, we do share seeds with the volunteers of course!! And on top of that, all registered volunteers will get a link to the recorded replays of any classes.
If you are interested in volunteering please click on this button.
2022 Seed Up Volunteers – click here!
This is a volunteer opportunity sure to have a lot of fun and satisfaction. We are planning on holding our original version of the Seed Up on both Friday, November 4th and Saturday, November 5th. We will also need volunteers on Thursday for early set up. Volunteers qualify for free seeds.
We will be directly interacting with customers, this is an event that will help Master Gardeners looking for hours.
IMPORTANT: We will be adhering to personal safety guidelines from the CDC (regarding current communicable diseases transmission) which would be in effect at the end of October on into November.
- Depending on CDC recommendations at that time we may require that masks be worn the entire work day (sorry no gators or scarfs).
- Many on our team of regular staffers and volunteers are in the “at risk” category so we ask that in the two weeks before the Seed Up you re-evaluate your ability to volunteer and remove yourself from the list if you
- a) have been tested positive for Covid-19 and/or Monkeypox and have not received a negative result since then, or
- b) have been exposed to someone who has tested positive anytime in the 14 days prior to our event.
MORE INFORMATION WILL COME AS EMAILS THROUGH THIS SIGN UP.
For more details email Janis@GreatAmericanSeedUp.org
NOTES for our standard in-person Seed Up events:
- You may NOT bring your kids to volunteer if they are under 15 years old.
- You should plan on wearing comfortable shoes as it is a full day of standing and walking. This is an indoor event.
- Master Gardeners and Master Gardener Interns can qualify for hours of volunteer service for assisting according to Master Gardener guidelines. Please wear your proper identification.
- Do not sign up for multiple slots during the “Event Help” shifts – this prevents someone else from signing up for that slot.
- Snacks will be provided, including water. Please bring your own reusable drink containers.
- Volunteers do not have to purchase a ticket to the event.
- Location is at the Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N Central Ave, Building B, Phoenix 85012
- Volunteer parking is in the East parking lot near Building B.
Any other questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org