Seed Saving Blog
Pollinator Week Kicks Off Today! Discover How You Can Help Support These Amazing-and Necessary-Creatures
Birds, bees, butterflies, beetles, bats and other small mammals that pollinate plants are responsible for bringing us one out of every three bites of food. They also sustain our ecosystems and produce our natural resources by helping plants reproduce.
Pollinator Week is an annual event celebrated internationally in support of pollinator health. It’s a time to celebrate pollinators and spread the word about what we can do to protect them.
Pollinator populations are changing. Many pollinator populations are in decline and this decline is attributed most severely to a loss in feeding and nesting habitats.
Learn about pollinators and how you can help at https://www.pollinator.org/pollinators#help.
One way to support pollinators is to grow wildflower gardens in which pollinators can feed and nest. Tuesday, June 22nd at 5 pm PST, the monthly live Seed Chat webinar will spotlight wildflowers to further understanding of how to grow them and harvest them in the wild.
Discussion will also focus on how wildflowers benefit us in so many ways, exponentially increasing pollinator activity. Live Q&A allows for participants to ask their own questions, so invite your newly-gardening friends too. Information about the webinar is found at GreatAmericanSeedUp.org under the Events tab. Produced by Urban Farm U, details on the webinars can also be accessed at https://www.UrbanFarm.org/events/.
- 2023 SEED LIST – Phoenix Seed Up Event October 27-28
- Seed Resources: Navigating the Abundance of Knowledge
- Seed List for the Phoenix Seed Up Event November 4-5, 2022
- Your Personal Seed Bank: Doomsday Vault or Your Best Shot at an Abundant Future?
- What is the Great American Seed Up??
- HOME GARDENERS FACE SEED SHORTAGES
- What In the World is Happening with Grain?
- Grains in Gardens & Other Skills to Learn & Share